Want to help Habonim carry on tradition while re-energizing Habonim women? Download your Sisterhood Application and join us now!
Our Sisterhood is affiliated with Women's League for Conservative Judaism (WLCJ), which is the umbrella organization for Conservative synagogue women's groups worldwide. Through our association with WLCJ, Habonim Sisterhood members have access to educational, cultural and leadership development programs here at Habonim at 103 West End Avenue, and also beyond the walls of Habonim.
There is always something new and interesting for us to participate in along with our "sisters" from all over the Metropolitan Area and beyond. For further information, contact Sisterhood Board via email at [email protected].
Torah Fund pins have arrived!
Torah Fund pins have arrived! If you would like a pin, please send a check for $180, payable to "Torah Fund" to Janet Schwartz in care of Habonim, 103 West End Avenue, NYC 10023. Torah Fund supports the institutions that educate Conservative rabbis, cantors and educators including the Jewish Theological Seminary (JTS) in New York, Ziegler School of Rabbinical Studies at the American Jewish University in Los Angeles, Zacharias Frankel College at the University of Potsdam in Germany, Schechter Institute of Jewish Studies in Jerusalem and Seminario Rabinico Latinoamericano, in Buenos Aires. For more information, please contact [email protected].
Coming up, 2017 - 2018 (unless noted otherwise, all are invited, and all take place at
- Book Club dates for 2017-2018 - all take place 7:00 - 9:00 pm
- Tuesday, October 24 - And After the Fire by Lauren Belfer, a literary thriller about the improbable discovery of a manuscript lost at the end of World War II.
- Tuesday, December 5
- Thursday, January 18
- Tuesday, March 6
- Tuesday, April 17
- Thursday, June 7
- Sunday, October 1, 2:00 pm: Tour of Art Deco buildings with Tony Robins, author of New York Art Deco: A Guide to Gotham's Jazz Age Architecture
- Sunday, October 15, 12:00 noon: 2017-2018 Kickoff Luncheon. Download RSVP & payment information here.
- Marion Yanovsky, Jewish Genetic Disease Consortium (JGDC) Co-President will be the speaker at this event. JGDC's mission is to educate rabbis, medical professionals and individuals about the importance of genetic testing and counseling. She will present and then answer questions.
- Thursday, November 2, 6:00 pm: private tour of Modigliani exhibit at Jewish Museum
- Friday, November 17, 6:30 pm services followed by dinner: Sisterhood-sponsored Friday night Shabbat dinner.
- Sunday, March 4 and Monday, March 5: Book Fair.
- Thursday, May 10, 6:30 pm: Torah Fund Dinner at Sutton Place Synagogue, honoring Susan Grant.
Shabbat morning, June 2, 9:30 am - 12:00 noon, followed by Kiddush luncheon: Sisterhood Shabbat.
Contact [email protected] for more information.
Habonim Sisterhood Board
|President - Janet Cord||
Immediate Past President/Financial Secretary - Amy Kargauer
|Treasurer - Linda Salomon||Torah Fund Chair - Janet Schwartz|
|VP, Programming - Vicki Brown||VP, Membership - Karen Krieger|
|Recording Secretary - Abigal Schlaff||Corresponding Secretary - Mindy Sickle|
At Large Board Members
|Deena Ecker||Elisa Milkes|
Honorary Sisterhood Board Members
|Eva Bergmann z'l"||Renate Elias z'l"|
|Marianne Falkenstein||Lilo Grant|
|Lotte Marshall Landes||Hanna Lewin z'l"|
|Lore Mayer z'l"||Grace Neumark|
|Hilda Bondi z'l"||Marga Walter z'l"|